Thursday, December 3, 2009

Changes

Here it is December already, and I cant believe the year is almost gone. What a wild year it has been. As I sit at home today sick, I am thinking about the blessings I have been blessed with this year. As January marched in, it was a horrible month in which I didnt think I would recover quickly. Satan Stormed in and tried to cause havock in our family. Through lots and lots of prayers...

God was Faithful!...

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".

I remember Pastor Bruce preaching with that verse during some of our darkest hours. I even was as far to write it across my bathroom mirror with a sharpie. I figured we all would read the scripture if it was in the bathroom, so that was the very spot for it. Through mountains and valleys this year, that scripture has been a very present reminder that its all in God's plan for us.Things are better now at the end of the year, and I just pray that God will stay ever present in our family.

Today things are better...Jim and I are doing great! We hit our 18th year of marriage last month. The kids and I are so excited that after all these years, he has started coming to church with us faithfully. Not only does he just go to church, but he even goes to Sunday School(Christian Living Classes). He enjoys our new church and is enjoying everything OFA has to offer, especially the donuts and coffee on Sunday's before class. (haha).
After going to church just me and the kids for so many years, I am just thrilled to have him sitting next to me. He is learning alot and there are even sometimes when we come home and discuss Pastors message together. I am thankful to my new church family at OFA for being there and preaching what we needed to hear. Pastor Bruce's Sermons and Pastor Dave in Sunday School have been such a blessing to us!
We couldnt be happier!

God is using me in the choir , which I love and right now I am praying I get over this crud I have so I can sing in the concert coming up in a week or so. I have been also singing on the Praise team a couple times. It is awesome! I love to worship! I was alittle intimidated because of the size of the church, but I broke thru that intimidation and just Praised the Lord!
I am excited about the Womens dinner next week, and then I have to get ready for Haylee's Surgery. Haylee will be having Surgery next Friday the 11th to have her tonsils and adnoids removed. Most likely we will miss the Christmas Parade that Saturday, and the Fire Department Dinner that evening because Jim will have to stay with Haylee, and I have dress rehersal at church. I am sad we are going to miss it, but maybe next year, I gotta get my baby well. We can use prayers for Haylee next Friday during her Surgery, and maybe one for me to get over this junk I have so I can sing!
Until next time.. Remember Jesus is the reason for this season!!!!!
God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. "Change" What a great title. I love hearing about the change Papa God has been doing in your family Tammy. It's exciting that you and your husband are moving closer and closer in the God ordained direction of becoming ONE. The same is happening with me and my hubby too. Great share love.

    ReplyDelete