Friday, January 16, 2009

Weight loss and More



Well the New Year came and went, the storm in my life has switched to a rain shower now. God has lead us to the place where we could get help for our son and things are better. Thank you everyone for your prayers. We have a long journey to go, but we know God is in control of the situation! Last October I went for a check up with my doctor. She took some tests and we went thru them together, and I was informed that I had elevated blood pressure and I was on the brink of Diabetes. My blood pressure has always been great, so I was surprised by the report. The thought of Diabetes hit me like a brick wall. I remembered the struggle my cousin Missy had with it her entire life. She was a few years younger than me and now she is with the Lord. I sat there and listened to my doctor tell me about what diabetes is and the symptoms. Well I had gained weight and let myself go. My Doctor said she wanted to send me to a 2 hour glucose test, I raised my hand up and said "hang on! Let me try to lose some weight." She said ok and so I really jumped on the bandwagon. I decided to get myself back in weight watcher mode.
I went back to see her in December and I had lost 14 lbs. She was excited for me! I was proud of myself too. I survived through the holidays, and watched what I was putting in my mouth. I was spoiled by my husband at Christmas and he bought me some Rachel Ray Cookware and the kids got me a crock pot. He bought all of this at Kohls so he eneded up with $50.00 in Kohls cash. I found the certificate in my stocking. My Mom and I went to Kohls and I looked around for something to buy. I looked at the clothes and saw a few things I wanted but I decided that Since I was going to lose more weight, clothes werent such a good idea. I walked around the store a couple times , and then I decided to buy a brand new scale for the whole family! I got one of those cool glass ones, and it has big numbers so I can actually read it ( Ha). I also bought a biggest loser calendar that has a bunch of great weight loss tips in it.



January 5th my husband Jim decided to jump on the weight loss wagon with me. I love it when we lose together, it sure is alot easier. We recorded our weight on our new calendar and got going on the weight loss journey.
I weighed in this past Wednesday Jan 14th and I am now down 22 lbs. As of today Jan 16th, Jim is down 9 lbs. We are off to a great start.Its really fun when we weigh in and see how each other is doing. Its like we got a competition going on. Its all about baby steps. I am making small goals for myself. My next goal is 3 lbs. I know I can do it! I cant afford to go to weight watchers right now but I have my books and we are counting our points. I got a new journal from Curves that I have been writting everything that I eat in. I have heard that people who write in a food journal have more weight loss success than those who dont journal. I am being faithful to my journal.
Last Tuesday night Curves started a free weight management class. The class was good and we had about 20 ladies come. We are going to discuss grocery shopping, eating out and weight loss issues. The support of all the ladies will be priceless! I will be at the meetings on Tuesdays, because I need the support and I think I will have better success with it. I will be there to support the other ladies and help them with their weight loss goals. I am excited! I pray the Lord will help me thru this new journey I have embarked on! Jim and I will be in our competition and I will keep you posted as to our weight loss successes.
Stay tuned!

Philippians 3:21 (New International Version)
21who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Proverbs 3:8 (New International Version)
8 This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones.

Luke 12:23 (New International Version)
23Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.

Lamentations 3:24
I say to myself, "The LORD is my
portion; therefore I will wait for him."

Until next time, Be Blessed and keep us in your prayers for my son and for our willpower!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I hope you accomplish your goal!!! I am on the raod to weightloss also... I joined a Lose it for Life class at church. It hasn't started yet but I am confident this battle will be conquered through Him!!! God be with you!

    Your sister in Christ,
    mikeyann

    ReplyDelete