Monday, December 15, 2008

December


Here we are the middle of December. There are 10 more days until Christmas. I havent bought any gifts yet. I am normally more prepared but we have felt the money squeeze this year. I was planning on going shopping with the hubby yesterday, but he threw his back out vacuuming for me. We will have to go later this week when he can walk...Anyway... I am trying to get into the Christmas spirit. My tree is up and looks beautiful. KXOJ is playing nothing but Christmas songs! ( I Love it).

Yesterday I went to church. The choir did their Christmas program. It was so good! The lighting was beautiful, the choir was amazing and you could feel the holy spirit thru each song. There was a Mary and Joseph and Baby Jesus. Tears filled my eyes as I thought about the true meaning of Christmas. I am so tired of the hustle and bustle of the "Commercial Christmas." Take me back to the old days of Christmas, like when I was a kid! There are so many kids who have nothing, and others who get everything and don't even appreciate it.

I sat there in church yesterday and was thinking to myself that this was the first time in 9 years that I hadn't sang in a Christmas program. It was kind of a strange feeling sitting there without actually performing in it. It was nice enjoying it!

Yesterday I wore a sparkly tank top with a black jacket and skirt. It got up to 75 degrees and by the time I got home I had peeled off the jacket and just had my tank top. I was comfortable. 2 hours later it was around 23 degrees and sleet started falling. Not only did the sleet fall but we had thunder and lightning too. Its amazing how things can change so fast with the weather around here in Oklahoma. Now we will be in the deep freeze for the next 4 days. The kids even got a day off from school today.

Anyway...I have to start making something for lunch. I am thinking Chicken and noodles.


Psalms 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

Until next time....God Bless ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment