Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Blessings








Christmas is almost here!
I am finally starting to get things together. Different things has happened this year in the economy, and with jobs and money. Its been a very tight Christmas for so many people, myself included. I talked with one of my friends in California today, and they were struggling too and had to borrow some money from family to buy her girls some presents. I usually have a great shopping spree the day after Thanksgiving. This year my mom did all the shopping and I didn't buy a thing. It was sad. I had no money extra this year. I have friends who have asked me for weeks now if I was done with my shopping, and I had to say no.. I havent even started. We were needing to wait on Jim's city bonus. Well...this year when I was reading our paper, the headlines read that our little city was doing really great and the revenue was up compared to last year. As I read on it stated that one of the city counsel ladies decided that the 400.00 bonus the police and fire, and city workers got was too much. If it were up to her we probably would have got a turkey and thats it. A couple other councel people decided upon 300.00. That is a great bonus dont get me wrong, but here is where I have the problem...If the city was doing so good, and renues were up, why did the most important people in the city(Fire Department, and Police). The ones who protect, and serve, and put their lives on the line for others, get docked 100.00? It should have gone to 500.00. I dont even understand their logic, but I will consider this when the next election comes up. I will know who not to vote for. As for now we are thankful for what we have.

Ok I vented, now on to other stuff... Christmas blessings.... Yesterday I got up at 4:30AM and drove my mother to the airport so she could spend Christmas with my Brother and his family in California. When I dropped her off she gave me money for me and my friend Candy to go see one of our favorite singing groups, Avalon. I was so happy!(1)I got home went back to bed for a bit, and woke up at 7am to get Haylee up and going. I got ready and went to her school program at 9am. I stopped by the cafeteria to pick up my moms check, and her boss Linda gave me apples and oranges to take home (2.) Next I went to Curves and picked up my check. I was expecting a small check due to Dr. appts. I opened it and it was bigger than I expected(3).I also got a small bonus from my boss(4). While I was there she gave me a Christmas card. I opened it and inside was a 100.00 bill. I was stunned! I asked her if she gave it to me and she said no. I dont know who did it. I cried. I really could use it for Christmas.(5)Needless to say I will be putting a sign up at work thanking my secret Santa for a wonderful blessing. Also while I was there at Curves, my friend Tonya blessed me with a bag full of new shirts.(6). I called Jim and told him what had happened. I told him that even with us pinching pennies right now, I made sure to tithe Sunday. I said we have all these blessings because the Lord is blessing us back! I believe it!





Next I went to Garrett's concert. It was really good to see his choir teacher back again, after she has been out with her son who developed a rare form of Leukemia. Her son is doing great, and so she was able to come back. God has done a miracle there! I got home and found a Christmas card from Jims brother who we havent heard from in 3 yrs, in the mailbox. It was very nice. I got a phone call from a teacher who goes to the church where Avalon was going to be singing, and she said they were all sold out. I said Noooo! I want to see them. I called the number on Avalons website and asked them if they were indeed sold out, and they said no, I could purchase the tickets at the church. I picked up Candy and we prayed that we would still be able to get tickets.We got to the church, walked in and got our tickets no problem(7). Candy and I waited for the doors to open, and we went in. We got front row seats!!!(8) It was an amazing concert, and afterward we got to meet them and take pictures with them. (9). Candy was in front of me and she was telling them that she had remembered meeting them last time they came to our town. Greg told her that he had a soft spot for our town, because thats were Jeremy (new addition to Avalon) started singing with them. He told Candy that there was a lady who asked Jeremy to sing "You were there", and Jeremy sang it for the first time. I leaned over and said I am that lady. It was me who put Jeremy on the spot. Anyway they remembered us. Jeremy told me he had been looking at me during the concert, and he was trying to place where he knew me from. I said well you saw me 3 weeks ago in the front row at Casting Crowns concert in Tulsa, and I meet you in our town 2 yrs ago at your first concert singing with Avalon. Anyway it was so cool to be remembered. I will try to go to their concerts whenever they are in my area! Candy and I had a blast!


I had a wonderful day and the Lords Blessings were evident all day to me!

Taste and see that the Lord is GOOD!!!!

Have a very Merry Christmas, and remember Jesus is the reason for the season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment